Thursday, August 1, 2013

Vanilla Peach Bourbon Jam, recipe from blondiecakes.com

I've been on a bit of a jam kick. Since I have had a dry spell creatively, we've been researching new-to-us jam recipes. One that my husband really likes is Vanilla Peach Bourbon jam. We got the recipe here: http://blondiescakes.blogspot.com/2010/08/vanilla-bourbon-peach-jam.html?m=1

I did make a few adjustments. I used white peaches and I scraped the seeds out of the vanilla beans instead of throwing the whole bean it. I will admit, the kick of bourbon when you first taste it is not generally my thing, but I do think I will repeat this recipes sans bourbon. It does make a pretty jam though.


I really like the color the white peach makes.



Next batch: Blackberry jam with blackberries picked from my mother's property (which just so happens to be the property my grandparents owned and my grandmother would send me and my cousin out to pick blackberries for jam).


No comments:

Post a Comment